Consulting, Domestic US Hospitals
SAMPLE CASE SUMMARIES
The following are selected project case summaries taken
from a sample of domestic US hospital clients:
- The development of new physician MOB sites
was undertaken for a non profit, regional HMO. A number of
potential sites within the HMO service area were evaluated
- Mobile CT scanning and mammography
services were implemented in a faith-based, community hospital
operating as part of a multi-unit system of hospitals.
- A home health program was developed and implemented
in a rural, district hospital.
- An inpatient/outpatient mental health unit
was implemented in a district hospital serving a regional
catchment area. The hospital was remodeled and expanded
to accommodate the new programs.
- A new ICU/CCU unit was implemented in a non
profit, faith-based hospital functioning within a multi-unit
system of hospitals. Existing acute care beds were remodeled
to accommodate the unit.
- Chemical dependency, medical and
surgical units, and surgical suites were upgraded/remodeled
in a non profit faith-based hospital.
- Physicians have been recruited for a variety
of clients (ENT, orthopedic surgeons, general surgeons,
OB/GYN, anesthesiology, internal medicine, family practitioners,
- An outpatient eye surgery program was developed
for a regional, faith-based non profit hospital.
- Strategic plan development and management
restructuring were undertaken for a large, regional,
social services agency, together with the remodeling
and construction of a
new office complex.
- Strategic plan development was undertaken for
a rural, district hospital.
- Comprehensive programs of quality assurance
have been implemented in a variety of departments in
several hospitals, both rural and urban.
- Cost/charge formulae were developed for
use with patient billing systems, integrated with a nurse
scheduling and human resource allocation model in a large